HI, I'M HENNY. I LOVE TURNING DATA INTO ART.
As a Technology Leader in information design, my main goal is to share all my knowledge of the data visualisation process with end users. I make sure that they thrive as a visual designer, which enables them to perceive, interpret, and comprehend their data visualisations.
In my daily job I validate that the right level of information design is present in the company to facilitate the understanding of their data. I do this in the form of organising data visualisation workshops with the business, or working together with visual designers on a project.
There will always be the daily challenge to create visualisations that are trustworthy, accessible, and elegant. These three aspects are often neglected in a project, but are for me an essential part of a data visualisation, especially in the current fast-growing world of data. This challenge encourages me to apply all the necessary best practices and guidelines to end up living to one of my mottos: always treat data as art.
DRIVERS (THIS IS US)
- Helping people grow in expanding their data visualisation skills
- Switching on light bulbs with people – facilitating those ‘aha moments’ that change mindsets and open up new business decisions
- Turning data challenges into data opportunities
TURNOFFS (THIS ISN'T US)
- Working in an unstructured environment
- Projects that skip the ‘analysis’ phase and go straight to developing nonsense
- Working together with end users that work with visualisations because ‘they have to’